Policy and Guidelines
At Frank Energy we value and respect your personal information, so when you provide us with this, we ensure that we are compliant with the Privacy Act 2020. We thought we’d outline how we collect, use, share and safeguard your personal information whilst we provide you with our products and services straight.
When we say “personal information” we mean any sort of information that is about you and can identify you as an individual. This could be quite a lot of things, such as your name, contact details, credit card details or pretty much anything else that would help to identify you.
2. How we collect your personal information
As your energy retailer, we collect personal information when you share it with us. We do this in a few different ways, including directly when you provide us with information, information generated automatically and information we get from third parties.
When you use our products and/or services (including our Frank Energy App), we collect your personal information in all sorts of ways such as our consumer promotions, surveys, or information from third parties involved in your electricity supply (network company, meter equipment owners, previous retailer).
You may choose not to provide us with your personal information at all – and this is your choice, but if you don’t, we may not actually be able to provide you with access to our products/services. Otherwise, we take it that you’re happy for us to collect and use your personal information by using our products and services - so we can keep doing what we do best for you.
3. How we use your personal information
We use any personal information we have collected to provide our products and services to you and for a number of other purposes. Use of your personal information will allow us to provide our services, communicate with you, tell you about our products and services, improve our business and procedures, assist for research purposes and also help understand how we can market our products and services to you more effectively.
4. How we share your personal information
In some cases we may need to share your personal information with other parties in a way that is consistent with the Privacy Act 2020.
Some of these parties could be related companies of Frank Energy, network and lines companies, credit reporting agencies, debt collection agencies, third-party suppliers, other energy retailers, government agencies, to name a few.
5. How we keep your personal information secure
Security is a high priority for us when it comes to your personal information. We are committed to protecting your personal information and have robust measures in place to do so.
We may transfer, store and process your personal information in New Zealand and also in some other countries oversea including Australia, United States, Singapore and Japan. We take steps to ensure we’re confident that, no matter where your information is stored, it will always be kept secure and in accordance with this policy.
How long we keep your personal information depends on what type you provide us with and also whether Frank Energy, as a business, needs to keep it. When we no longer require it, we make sure it’s deleted or anonymised so that you can no longer be identified.
7. Your Rights
We are always keen to hear from you, so let us know if you need to access, amend or delete any personal information that we have collected about you, as it’s your data after all.
We pride ourselves on keeping our customers happy, however, if you still aren’t satisfied with our response, you can contact the Privacy Commissioner (see www.privacy.org.nz for further information about their complaints process).
Last updated: 23 November 2021
Social Media Community Guidelines
Guidelines for contributing to our Social Media PageWe always have our customers backs and want to ensure that our social media channels are a safe place for our community to interact with our brand. Anyone who would like to comment, post, tag, mention, message, or otherwise interact on our pages must follow the guidelines that we have set out below.
We operate the following social media profiles:
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/frankenergynz/
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/frank-energy
We may remove any user content on our page that could reasonably be interpreted as:
- Inappropriate: posts that are harmful, threatening, abusive, offensive, untrue, misleading, confidential, defamatory, derogatory, disrespectful or discriminatory. Negative comments in relation to the portrayal of any group based on race, ethnicity, nationality, gender, age, sexual preference, religion or disability will be interpreted as discriminatory. This applies to words, images and video. We have an automatic profanity filter, which prevents posts with profanities from being published.
- Privacy concerns: posts that are a breach of your or someone else’s confidentiality, security or privacy, including that of our staff. Information that is subject to legal or regulatory proceedings.
- Intellectual property concerns: infringement on any party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, intellectual property, or other proprietary rights, or right of publicity, confidentiality or privacy is strictly prohibited.
- Spam and solicitation concerns: Repeated statements, attempts to flood the page, or otherwise disrupt other visitors’ access to our customer support. Soliciting for your business or cause. Links or material that may be harmful or cause security breaches.
We reserve the right to block any user who repeatedly breaches our guidelines or the guide lines of the social media channels that we use, without any notice.
Last updated: 23 November 2021
Consumer Care Policy
Last updated: 22 December 2021